Saturday, August 20, 2011

Home Game
By: Gigi Driggers


I feel at home here among these stones.
There is nothing left but lying bones.
For this is life, we live, we die.
Our dreams are buried beneath the sky.
People come and mourne those they have lost.
Crying tears and knowing the cost.
They should have said those things of heart.
Instead of waiting for the casket cart.
But alas, tis to late to say those things.
Words are for the living and the life they bring.
For the dead may hear your lamented song.
But you cannot undo all you have done wrong.
Your words would have been music to my ears.
If you’d have said them in my living years.
For I do not care now, for what you have to say.
For death is my final card to play.
The game is over, my life is done.
I hold all the aces…..and I’ve finally won.

No comments:

Post a Comment